Join us in our aim to reduce the number of ‘tubes’ we use by 10% this year – Details on our Trash The Tubes page.
Making it Safer Together (MiST) – The Dublin Experience!
9th of July 2015, CMRF Conference Centre – Our Lady’s Childrens Hospital
Thursday 9th July
11:00 – 13:00 MiST Meeting
- Minutes from last meeting
- Matters Arising
- Update from units
- Trash the Tubes
- Data submission schedule
- Medication Incidents
- MERP implementation
- Inter-unit M&M collaboration
- Paediatric HSMR
14:00 -17:00 Workshop
- The year ahead – brainstorm
- Quick wins for ADEs?
- Promoting TTT widely
Continuation of Readmissions or alternative measures?
- Implementation of safety initiatives
“Stealing shamelessly” – the implementation of safety initiatives; what has worked, what has failed, sharing, learning and shamelessly stealing from each other to better patient care!
Quality in Action
|15.00 – 15.15||Recipe for a Quality Team||Tracey Wall
Divisional Nurse Manager
|15.15 – 15.30||Quality Initiatives in OLCHC||Marie Conlon
CNM III, Quality Dept.
|15.30 – 15.45||Care Bundles||Paula McGrath
CNM II, Quality Dept.
|15.45 – 16.00||Spend a little, Save a lot||Tara Keogh
CNM II, St. Peters Ward
|16.00 – 16.45||Dr. Cathy McMahon,
- Maintenance of new practices
“Making it Stick” – once safety initiatives are introduced, how do we make them sticky!
Evening – Meal out
MiST visit Friday 10th of July 2015
|10.00 – 11.00||PEWS||Dr. John Fitzsimons|
|11.00 – 13.00||Visit/Tour clinical areas||Tracey Wall
Divisional Nurse Manager
|13.00 – 14.00||Grand Round||Dr. Peter Marc Fortune|
Download the Agenda as a .doc file – Dublin_Agenda 9th -10th July 2015
We’ve added new bundles from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust – Thanks to Lawrence Miall – catch them on the CVL bundle page…
Improving outcomes and reducing the incidence of deterioration in the acutely ill infant, child or young.
Find out about the Re-ACT tool here or watch the video…
SPS and Joint Commission Resources (JCR) have joined together to host a series of webinars to share knowledge and expertise developed from SPS. The webinars will share learnings about HACs and the steps needed to implement bundles of care. The sessions are open to all – including Hospital Quality Leaders, QI Staff, Hospital Senior Leaders.
The webinars are:
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- CAUTI Pediatric Webinar
- Friday, April 10, 2015 – 2:00PM EST (webinar duration: 1 hour)
- Webinar ID: 110-135-211
- Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6246533729997039105
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI)
- CLABSI Pediatric Webinar
- Friday, June 5, 2015 – 2:00PM EST (webinar duration: 1 hour)
- Webinar ID: 154-836-763
- Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7619897420368438529
For full details: http://ow.ly/i/93Ehv – See the flyer below…
Log in for details!
You can log in on the forum page – http://www.mist-collaborative.net/?page_id=17
Solutions for Patient Safety (SPS) have just updated their hospital resources webpage: http://www.solutionsforpatientsafety.org/for-hospitals/hospital-resources/
1) (New) SPS Prevention Bundles:
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream
- Pressure Ulcers
- Surgical Site Infections
2) (Updated) SPS Recommended Bundles:
- Adverse Drug Events
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Venous Thromboembolism
3) (Same) SPS Operating Definitions (ie Oct. 2013 version):